Information We Collect
Information you provide.
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use Della Platform. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
- Account Information. When you sign up for a Della Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, and email address.
- Communications with Della and other Users. When you communicate with Della or use Della Platform to communicate with other Users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Contact Information. You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to add it as your contact information in Freights and Vehicles and be contacted by other Users.
Automatically collected information.
When you use Della Platform, we automatically collect personal information about the services you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to provide and improve the functionalities of Della Platform.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of Della Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
- Usage Information. We collect information about your interactions with Della Platform, such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Freights, Vehicles, and other actions on Della Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use Della Platform, even if you have not created a Della Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used Della Platform (including if you clicked on links to third-party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using Della Platform.
How We Use Information We Collect
Provide, Improve, and Develop Della Platform.
We may use personal information to provide, improve, and develop Della Platform such as to:
- enable you to access and use Della Platform,
- enable you to communicate with other Users,
- operate, protect, improve, and optimize Della Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research,
- provide customer service,
- send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- enable your use of our paid services.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in improving Della Platform, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you.
Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment.
We may use personal information to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment such as to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, and other harmful activity,
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments,
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you,
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required,
- comply with our legal obligations,
- enforce our Terms of Service and other policies, and in connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with Della Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to Della Platform, and information obtained from third parties.
We process this personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting Della Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing.
We may use personal information to provide, personalize, measure, and improve our advertising and marketing such as to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Della or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook or Google,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with Della Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest.
Sharing and Disclosure
Sharing between Users.
To help facilitate interactions between Users, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Users, as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
- When you as a Shipper post a Freight, certain information about you is shared with the Carriers, including your profile, full name, your contact information, and other information you agree to share.
- When you as a Carrier post a Vehicle, certain information about you is shared with the Shippers, including your profile, full name, your contact information, and other information you agree to share.
- We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Members.
Compliance with Law, Responding to Legal Requests, Preventing Harm and Protection of our Rights.
Della may disclose your information, including personal information, to courts, law enforcement, governmental authorities, tax authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required or permitted to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process and to respond to claims asserted against Della, (iii) to respond to valid requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, or (v) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Della, its employees, its Users, or members of the public.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person’s vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping Della Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights.
Where appropriate, we may notify Users about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Della’s property, its Users and Della Platform. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that User about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
Della uses a variety of third-party service providers to help us provide services related to Della Platform. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
For example, service providers may help us: (i) verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents, (ii) check information against public databases, (iii) conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment, (iv) perform product development, maintenance and debugging, (v) allow the provision of Della Platform through third-party platforms and software tools (e.g., through the integration with our APIs), (vi) provide customer service, advertising, or payments services, or (vii) process, handle or assess insurance claims or other similar claims. These providers have limited access to your personal information to perform these tasks on our behalf and are contractually bound to protect personal information and only use personal information in accordance with our instructions.